Please click content on the right hand side, also find below more home learning resources:
Week 2 beginning 08.06.20 PE Beech and Rowan Class
As we are not able to hold Sports Day this Term we decided each week we could practise technique and then perform each activity.
Jumping for Distance:
Aim – to develop the skill of jumping up and jumping forward and increasing the distance with practise.
W/up: jump on the spot for 20 bounces, 10 x Star Jumps, hop on the spot for 5-10s,
- Make some paper markers out of old newspapers, magazines or card. Place them around the room or in the garden and see if you can jump from one to the other. Once you have done one around you can spread them a bit further away and see if you can jump further. You can pretend the papers are islands and if you fall in you’ll get eaten by the shark.
- Find some objects to jump over, cushions, toys, shoes, books on their side. Place them in a line and jump over each one using the different jumps below
- Jumping for height – ask your parent or carer to stick some paper on the wall. You have to jump as high as you can to get it. If jumping is challenging see if you can stretch as tall as you can to get it.
Try doing different jumps from one to the other:
- Frog jump – crouch down and spring forward as far as you can.
- Grasshopper jump – jump from two feet to two feet, make sure you swing your arms and bend your knees
- Tigger – hop from one foot and land on the same foot if you can
- Kangaroo – do lots of small jumps but measure your first landing
Alternative Challenge: how far can you get doing one big step, 3 hops, 3 small jumps landing with two feet next to each other.
Sherborne warm up –
Greeting: Clap hands, tap knees, stomp feet, call name.
Self – Squeeze Shoulders, run hands and rub hands and wiggle fingers and then, pulling on each finger. Move hands from side to side slowly and then wave. windscreen wiper feet, in and out feet, pointy toes, naughty toes.
Core – legs in the air, arms in the air, both in the air, rock, spin. Go on hands and knees, crawl or put pressure on hands and knees.
Share: back to back – side to side, forward and backward. Facing – row your boat, on knees and push against each other.
Heads, shoulders knees and toes.